Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Standards of Hiring


As you all know, I have unusual people applying to work for my company. I have gotten about 750 applications so far this year. Unfortunately I would not say that most of them would be ones that I'd consider. I processed 7 applicants today that I'd gotten in the last week:

* 2 that I'd terminated in a previous year for bogus SS #'s.
* 3 had felony convictions for forgery/robbery.
* 1 I had a bad feeling about.
* And the final one was acceptable.


I would like to find new janitors who have a steady work history, no criminal convictions, and have experience in the janitorial world. This is what I was looking for at the start of my day.

By noon, my qualifications were they should have a clean criminal background and good work history.

By 3pm, my qualifications were that they had no felonies and neither my assistant nor I could remember anything bad about the impression they made on us when they applied.

I was able to set up 5 interviews for 2 full time positions.

No comments: