Friday, August 01, 2008

The Gate

My gate is falling apart. I have ordered a new gate, and it will be delivered in a couple days. When I got home from work (and purchasing a new gate) yesterday, my gate was no longer husky proof. So I strengthened it with what I had available: Sides of a metal crate, a key lanyard, yellow industrial electrical cord, a bungee cord, and cable ties.



Here's a close up of the latch:



Here's a close up of the bottom of the gate. You'll notice that on the lower right side of the picture has a rusted broken hinge. Dog pee caused the original hinge to disintegrate.



And finally, before letting the dogs out, I scooted a trashcan and a lawn chair in front of the gate as a half-hearted barricade.

3 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Martha Stewart will be sooooo jealous and will demand this fur her chows!

Great job!

H&K,
Khyra

Shmoo said...

except for the flamingo... I was pretty close :)

Teddy Westlife said...

But did it work?